Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Monday, March 7, 2011
<!-- Begin Second Life Destination Link --><div id="sl-dg-widget" style="background-image: none; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-top-color: rgb(44, 46, 48); border-right-color: rgb(44, 46, 48); border-bottom-color: rgb(44, 46, 48); border-left-color: rgb(44, 46, 48); margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; height: auto; width: 450px; display: block; background-color: rgb(248, 248, 248); ">
Grand CanyonVisit in Second Life</div><span id="dgw-pix"></span><!-- End Second Life Destination Link -->
Sunday, March 6, 2011
Written by Alex Blackwell | -->
A Simple Guide to Boosting Your Karma
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours. – Wayne Dyer
Karma isn’t a gift or a punishment – it’s an action. If you want a peaceful, happy and joy-filled life then kind actions will provide the path there. However, if your actions are selfish, careless or harmful then negative consequences will block the path. Leaving you discontent, unhappy and wanting more.
But you get to choose the path. You get to decide where you walk. Life is a simple give and take – give kindness and take only what belongs to you.
We reap what we sow.
What goes around comes around.
You get what’s coming to you.
Good creates good.
Karma is a natural rhythm of cause and effect that vibrates through the universe. It tells you that every thought, word or action carries an energy that affects your present moment. Perhaps the most powerful thing about Karma is it doesn’t judge your past or predict your future; it just gives you more of what you are creating right now.
If you are looking for a happy life, be happy – right now. Do good things for others – right now. Be kind, smile and look for what’s right in the situation – right now. The way to the life you desire is within your control – right now.
Here’s a simple guide to help you cultivate more wholesome actions and avoid the harmful ones. Boosting your Karma is a choice. Choose kindness and then watch what happens – right now.
- Keep your word.
- Show respect to everyone you encounter.
- Be a good friend.
- Look for the best in everyone.
- Show forgiveness.
- Be kind.
- When you make a mistake say, “I’m sorry.”
- Pour out your love when someone asks for it.
- Put your children’s needs before your own
- When someone is speaking to you, be fully present.
- Learn to love yourself a little more each day.
- Show your spirit.
- Don’t be cruel with your words.
- Be grateful for exactly what you have.
- Share your wisdom with those who ask for it.
- Donate what you don’t need.
- Help keep the Earth beautiful; don’t litter, and recycle.
- Look behind you, stop and hold the door open for others.
- Savor every moment.
- Smile more; frown less.
- Expect life to be good.
- Do the right thing (even when no one is watching).
- Give five compliments a day.
- Relax. Breathe. And slow down just a bit.
- Share your inspiration when someone needs a lift.
- Learn from your mistakes, but don’t allow them to define who you are now.
- Avoid temptation when it’s calling to you.
- Kiss your partner every day.
- Share your faith.
- Be the beautiful you.
How do you boost your Karma?
Share how you boost your Karma in Comments below. Reading this by email? Please visit the blog to share – just click here.
The Great Life Philosophies, by Joe Wilner offers a collection of articles to help you consider your personal philosophy toward living the greatest life possible. I’m also proud to be a featured contributor. Receive you free book here.
Please Spread the WordShare
Does The BridgeMaker put a smile on your face? Spread it around your social circle! You can retweet on Twitter or share on Facebook— and don’t forget to subscribe for free updates twice weekly.
Are you inspired by this blog and looking for more?
If you would like to work with me, I offer one-on-one coaching sessions. I can help you improve a relationship, find inspiration, become motivated or start a blog like this one. Learn more about my coaching services here. Let’s connect soon. – Alex
You might also like:
- A Simple Guide to a Beautiful Marriage
- The Bloggers Guide to Effective Writing
- A Simple Guide to Feeling Good on the Inside
- Smile, Be Happier and Count Your Blessings
- A Guide to Creating Success | 24 Essential Actions You Can Do Beginning Today
17 Responses to “A Simple Guide to Boosting Your Karma”
- Dia on March 3rd, 2011 1:39 am
What a wonderful list on how to be kind. Karma my friend is huge, we get what we give. If we give peace and love, this is what we will get. The opposite is true as well. Thanks for sharing Alex
- Jk Allen on March 3rd, 2011 7:07 am
And the kindness continues. I like the way you described karma. It’s seems more like a friend now!
Thanks for all that you do for us Alex!
- Alex Blackwell on March 3rd, 2011 11:08 am
And I get the sense you give peace Dia. Thank you for sharing.
Jk, I never thought of Karma as a friend before, but I like that description – it seems to fit well.
- Lindsay on March 3rd, 2011 3:10 pm
It’s so simple isn’t it, Alex? But sometimes, so easy to forget. This is a wonderful reminder. I think I might print this out and hang it in my office. Thank you!
- Pat Chiappa on March 3rd, 2011 6:31 pm
Love this karma reminder list – may I add:
- Alex Blackwell on March 3rd, 2011 6:41 pm
I wrote it Lindsay, because I needed to remind myself. Putting it in plain sight is a great idea.
Pat, LISTEN is a wonderful addition to the list – thanks for adding it.
- MaGeezy on March 4th, 2011 2:52 am
I feel empowered with your post about Karma. It’s wonderful to be reminded that we always have an amount of control over what path we take.
- Ande Waggener on March 4th, 2011 5:52 am
Great list, Alex! The great thing about all the things on your list is they’re so friendly to everyone! It’s like a big vibrational circle–you put out good and it swirls right back to you and touches everyone in the circle on the way.
- S.GIRI KUMAR on March 4th, 2011 10:16 am
The article was inspiring. thank You
- Alex Blackwell on March 4th, 2011 11:17 am
MaGeezy, just like Robert Frost wrote, “the path not chosen has made all the difference.” Thanks for stopping by.
Yes, achieving a good life doesn’t have to be a complicated process Ande; it just has to be a series of positive actions.
I appreciate your support Giri.
- Terry on March 4th, 2011 9:37 pm
Wonderful, inspiring, I was really caught up in the moment.
Thanks a lot
- Lenita on March 4th, 2011 11:30 pm
I truly believe in unversal karma. I boost my karma by treating people with respect and not neglect. I do this because that is the way I want people to treat me and my children.
Thank you Alex! This message was very well needed and very clear on how we should exist.
- Alex Blackwell on March 5th, 2011 11:23 am
You are welcome Terry.
Respect is indeed an appropriate pillar to support ourselves and everyone else, too Lenita.
- Shanie Matthews on March 5th, 2011 10:51 pm
Great post! Another karma-helper I would like to add is volunteering our time to those in need.
- Mike on March 5th, 2011 11:36 pm
Absolutely! Thank you for your wise words of wisdom on Karma, a simple concept which can change everything in an extremely profound way!
- Alex Blackwell on March 6th, 2011 12:20 am
Volunteering is a great Karma-booster. Thanks for adding it to the list Shanie
Mike, you are right – Karma is a life-changer!
- Joe - shakeoffthegrind on March 6th, 2011 5:52 am
What we do and the energy we put out there has a real impact in our life, whether directly or indirectly. When I show kindness and seek to always do good, this is always reciprocated in one way or another. It’s just a principle that when we are able to find inspiration, compassion, and love within ourselves, we are then able to show this to others, and from this receive more in return. It’s truly an amazing realization to live this way.
What do you think?
Free Printable Recipe Cards
Here’s a little something for all of you who loves cooking and collecting recipes! I always loose recipes of my favorite dishes because I write them down on notepads. I’ve called my Aunt so many times for the recipe she taught me months ago and I still don’t have the recipe with me. LOL. Hopefully, these printable recipe cards will help.
Created by: Issa Sarza
Harry Potter Party
Some friends and I wanted to celebrate the new movie coming out, so we had our friends come over dressed up for snacks and watching the latest movie to get us pumped for the new one coming out.
Everyone that came to the party got a list of spells and a Marauders Map that they could take home with them in the end.
Created by: Tracy Mills